Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day.

Today is Memorial Day. Sad to say we didn't decorate any graves or visit any veterans. But we did spend the day mostly with family, my parents and Jeff's parents and three of our four kids which is a nice way to spend any holiday.
Last year, Jeff and I got to go to Kauai and Oahu for the very first time in my life. I absolutely loved, LOVED the trip! I have always wanted to see Pearl Harbor. It was a very touching and sacred place. I appreciate all military men and women that sacrifice so much to serve our country, past and present. We had a short boat ride to the USS Arizona site and I was able to capture (only in picture) these two handsome and brave men during our tour of Pearl Harbor.
Let no vandalism of avarice or neglect, no ravages of time, testify to the present or to the coming generations, that we have forgotten, as a people, the cost of a free and undivided Republic. John A. Logan
And they who for their country die shall fill an honored grave, for glory lights the soldier's tomb, and beauty weeps the brave. Joseph Drake

No comments: