Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another change of sheets (and more).

This is the bed that we gave Chris and Amanda. It was too big. They like it and it looks adorable in their apartment.
We had this bed since we moved into this house which is nearly 10 years (in July). I have always loved it so we put it back in our room.
I really did not like this bedspread. I got it because it was cheap and that's not always a good reason to get something.
I splurged and got a comforter set from Target.
I LOVE it!
It probably is cliche to have a white comforter but I have always loved the look. LOVE.
It is so comfy and cozy that it is hard to get out of bed in the morning.
I have been wanting more calmness in the home and I LOVE this.
I really want new carpet and curtains but those will have to wait and wait and wait.
I really really LOVE it.
I wanted some grown up lamps. I don't think we've spent more than $20 on lamps before and we don't have many lamps. These are about $70 which about gave me a heart attack but I really really love them. I cleaned off the bedside tables (which by the way: one was given to us and the other I bought at DI for $15 and painted them years ago). I cannot fully express how much I love those lamps!
I have been thinking of re-painting the screen (we got the doors at DI and paid $9 for all of them. I painted them and Jeff put them together---years ago).
Again, more projects!
I love being able to change something and liking it and I really really like this!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your white bedding is very pretty. I admire that look too.

Remodelaholic said...

It looks great, I think white bedding is wonderfully crisp and clean! Also I might just be having some lamp envy! Thanks for linking up to the party!

Low Tide High Style said...

Your bedroom looks great, and I love white bedding, I have a white matelasse coverlet on my bed!

And I would have splurged for those beautiful lamps too, they are really elegant and understated! Great transformation!

Kat :)

So Sunny Day said...

ohhh the lamp is lovely! looking forward to the screen reveal :)

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Wenderina said...

This looks lovely. I travel a lot for business and the white bed is such a growing trend, but I find it very welcoming and crisply clean. You'll have to update every once in a while on how the white holds up in your home. I was afraid between me, my husband and our two always shedding cats it wouldn't work.

Cheryl G. said...

Thank you all so much!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

I think your white bedding looks great! I am in love with your lamps! Where did you find them?

Have a great week!