Thursday, February 11, 2010

It was only a tent.

A year and a half ago we went camping at Payson Lake.
I have been frequently thinking about this tent that we only used once or twice. We bought it for the Pioneer trek and ended up not using it because someone had another tent that he knew how to set up quickly.
I have been thinking about this tent because of Haiti and how so many people in Haiti desperately need a tent or any type of shelter. I had been thinking about this tent because someone had a van parked at the community center to collect items to be sent to Haiti. So, the other day we took the tent and gently placed it in the van, amongst all the bags and bags of clothes and other items that were already in the van, soon to be sent to Haiti.
I have been thinking about how grateful I am for my house, for our beds, for our food, for indoor plumbing, for the ability to go to the store so easily, for clean running water, for access to good health care, for our family members that are safely going about their lives and for so much much more in my life that I often take for granted.

No comments: