Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Not every single day.

Photo circa Summer 2009 Yellowstone



I must have been 4, 5 or 6
(I moved to CA right before I turned 7)
because I was living in Kaysville, Utah.
I remember the brick church in our neighborhood.
I remember the church full of people.
I remember it was fast and testimony
meeting and a lady stood up on the right
hand side of the church
(in the days 
when some people stood
to give their testimony).
She talked about fire 
and I don't remember exactly what else
in a shrill and loud voice
with big frightened eyes.
It scared me.
So much so,
that to this day I can
 picture almost the whole thing.

Some days I worry 
about turning into 
that crazy lady. 

Not so much 
with the fire,
shrillness or the loudness,
just the crazy.

 






 

No comments: