Thursday, October 8, 2009

The best Cornbread EVER!


Davis had some adjustments and new brackets put on his teeth for his braces yesterday. His mouth hurts. He asked for cornbread last night. But too late. So I told him that I would make it in the morning. So, I did (I set my alarm clock to 5:45 even).

Here is the recipe:

4 eggs                       1 tsp. salt
2/3 sugar                   1 cup corn meal
2/3 oil                       1 cup flour
1 cup milk                4 tsp. baking powder

Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients till absorbed. Bake in 9 x 13 inch greased pan at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or till golden brown (I leave it in for 24 minutes. I'm also at a high elevation). Very moist and not crumbly.

This is the moistest cornbread I've ever had! It is yummy and Davis loves it! I got it from a ward cookbook. "Recipes Old and New Tried and True-Compiled by Salem 7th Ward Relief Society"

No comments: