Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Finding Inspiration from Here and There...



I want to draw more, be more creative, and just be "more".
I got some art supplies in my Christmas stocking.
How did Santa know that's exactly what I wanted?
Anyway.
If I'm going to get any better at anything
doesn't it make sense to actually practice?
So, I did
(well, I started anyway).
I tried to draw from a couple of pictures I took
and make a card with a quote I love.
This quote I've been thinking about for a month.
 An inspirational young lady
 was tragically killed in a car accident.
She had this quote on her bulletin board.
I also have been thinking about
the many stories about bravery 
and the stories of small and large acts of kindness
for those affected 
(and to random strangers)
by the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting.
This quote hit me in the heart
while I was watching "The Hobbit".
Gandalf says,
"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check,
but that is not what I have found.
I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk 
that keep the darkness at bay.
Small acts of kindness and love.
That's what I want to remember.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Keep creating. You are very talented. Love the hobbit quote. Must share with Chris. He is hoping to attend the movie this evening with some coworkers.