Monday, December 17, 2012

Heart broken...

I was heartbroken over the senseless shootings and deaths of all those sweet innocent children and the adults that gave so much to help those kids.
So many thoughts have gone through my mind this weekend.
Including gratefulness for those around me that I love and adore.
And an extra hug for a little Miss Sunshine.

Here are a few links that touched my heart:
Here, a mother, with a 13 year old mentally ill son, bravely writes a touching article about the daily struggles of having such a son.
26 Reminders of the Beauty of Humanity.
A great article by Gary G. Porter. "Adam Lanza and Autism: An Unfortunate Connection.
"While the facts of the Newtown school shooting are still emerging, it’s appearing that Lanza may have had a host of psychological and emotional issues.  However, if a high-functioning autism diagnosis is eventually confirmed, everyone needs to remember the following: Adam Lanza carried out these horrific acts in spite of his Asperger’s, not because of it."
I adore Mr. Rogers and even more so after seeing this picture and reading some more about him.
He gave words of encouragement to many, many people.
Here are a few more of his words,
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping," Rogers said. "To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers -- so many caring people in this world."
Beautiful.








No comments: