Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Confessions from an out of shape walker.





This week the health challenge is 
to increase aerobic exercise to 45 minutes,
3 times a week.
So, yesterday I walked up and down the hills of our neighborhood.
Pretty awesome views
(pictures taken via cell phone).
Lucky, I know.

Here's the confession:
1. I am so out of shape. 
Not a surprise if you know me.
Adding one thing each week to this challenge is perfect.
I know I wouldn't be able to do all at once.
I need that extra time.
I am determined to continue with this 12 week challenge
and then after it's all done
continue exercising and trying to be healthier.
If I had been walking the hills religiously
for all the nearly 11 years that we've lived here
I'd be in amazing shape.
It often hurts to walk hills for me
and I give up.
We sometimes drive somewhere else 
to walk on flatter terrain.
I will continue to walk the hills
(maybe not every time I walk)
because I think this will be really good for me.
If it doesn't kill me first.
2. The heavy breathing of walking up hills
is how I felt when I was trying to surf
(paddling, trying to stand up and the ever falling 
and fighting to get back up on the board).
If I can get better on hills
I hope to get better at surfing.
3. I feel my body and mind is falling apart.
I am hoping this health challenge helps them both.
4.. I won the worst parent of the year award yesterday.
We didn't pay for the year book at the beginning of the year
and they don't have anymore.
In my defense the first of the school year
was a crazy crazy time 
(the bike accident and everything else
that came with it and
the helping him to recover and 
all that came with that.
I may get one bonus point for
driving him to and from school 
for close to three months.
Another bonus point for taking him
to the InstaCare yesterday
to check his swollen finger 
that he just started complaining about
but injured it a couple of weeks ago.
Luckily it's not broken).
Still he doesn't get a yearbook
and I feel really bad about that.
5.  I don't want to watch American Idol this week.
The people I liked are gone
and they didn't even invite the winner from last year.
 The end
or on it goes.





No comments: