Monday, May 2, 2011

Women's Conference.

That's a lot of Women.

Daughter #2 came for awhile on Friday. Lucky us!

My Friend and I have met at Women's Conference for the last few years. I am so lucky to have her as a friend!

Me and my glasses. Don't I look smarter?
"By Small and Simple Things Are Great Things Brought to Pass"

That was the theme.

Some of the classes I attended were:

"Ideals are Stars to Steer By; They are Not Sticks to Beat Ourselves With"

"We are Going to Do Something Extraordinary"

"A Small Beginning in a Grove of Trees"
Susan Easton Black is an amazing Professor.
I could have listened to her all day.
She told us something her dad told her:
"Small people talk about people in a disparaging manner.
Medium size people talk about events.
Large people talk about ideas."

"United in all Things"

Someone quoted from Winnie the Pooh:

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together....
there is something you must always remember.
You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem, 
and smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is,
even if we're apart.
I'll always be with you"

I also got to attend a class
and three of her sisters.
We are friends.
She just doesn't know me. 
But I like to think she would be my friend if she knew me
(I know, I am such a dork).
I have been amazed by her ever since I read about her
plane crash in the paper.
I have read some of her blog before her accident
(amazingly refreshing and sweet).
I follow her blog now
and I would do well if I could be
half way like her.
She is an amazing example to me.

I am so glad I got to go!

No comments: