Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring = Hope



I absolutely LOVE Spring!

As I was snapping these pictures
and thinking about Spring
I thought about the book that I just
finished reading.
It's called:
Too Soon Old,
Too Late Smart
Thirty True Things
You Need to Know Now
by Gordon Livingston, M.D.
It is an amazing book
that I found just by chance
and I have been going over it
again and again,
just to remember things.

So, I was thinking about 
this part in the book:
"It is a primary task of parents throughout their lives to convey to the young a sense of optimism. Whatever other obligations we have to our children, a conviction that we can achieve happiness amid the losses and uncertainties that life contains is the greatest gift that can pass from one generation to the next. Like all the values we wish to teach our children---honesty, commitment, empathy, respect, hard work---the supreme importance of hope is taught by example."

And another small part that is so deeply profound and beautiful:
"To be able to experience fully the sadness and absurdity that life so often presents and still find reasons to go on is an act of courage abetted by our ability to both love and laugh."

Beautiful and true.

No comments: