Friday, May 25, 2012

Finished Project #15. Teacher Appreciation Gifts.




Yes. 
My son just graduated.
Yes. He is 18
but he has been in Special Ed since the 8th grade
and I have always tried to give gifts at the end of the year
as a small token of the vast amounts of appreciation I have.
I don't get around to making something every year
but this year I did.
Last year I wanted to make pot holders 
but I made it too complicated by making 
it a log cabin pattern
(it turned out so cute but takes For-Ev-Ver!).
I ended up making one.
And I didn't know at first 
that you are supposed to use 100% cotton thread
because Polyester apparently can burn.
So I kept it for myself.
This year I thought I'd just sew the strips together
(I cut a ton last year so I saved some time!)
and sew around the edges 
(since I have difficulty with binding too).
They turned out pretty cute
if I do say so myself.
And I do!

Here are some other things I loved this week:
I think this is a great way to keep an old fridge!
You may be obsessed soon too.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

A super thoughtful gift. I'm envious of your sewing talents. Congratulations again on your son's graduation. A wonderful milestone.