Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's about time....

Everything I know about hard work,
bungee cords and duct tape,
I learned from my Father.
His last day of work 
(for the second time)
was yesterday.
I still think he thinks he's in his 30's
and not in his early 70's.
Not that anything is wrong with that!
He is the youngest 70-something that I know.
Congratulations!
I hope you have a long and fun filled
 shop/wood-working-marble-game-rocking-horse-
little-kitchen-cupboard-shoe-shine-kit-
I-think-you-need-to-make-doll-houses-too-making-
what-ever-else-fix-it-project-lawn-home-and-garden-
temple-going-service-project-
genealogy-finding-movie-watching-
family-visiting-an-occasional-rest
(although it's difficult to picture you resting for long)
sleeping-in-past-six-in-the-morning-
playing-with-and-spoiling-cute-little-Pippin-
hanging-with-your-sweetheart-
do-what-ever-you-want-filled
RETIREMENT!
You so deserve it!
Way to go!

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Congratulations to your Dad. He's a handsome fellow. I think he needs to make a dollhouse too. hee hee.