Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sinkholes in Guatemala.


This first sink hole just happened in Guatemala on Saturday night 
because of a massive tropical storm 
that has swept through the area.
A three story building fell through the hole.
It almost doesn't even look real.
Terrifying.
They think it is about 66 feet wide and 100 feet deep.
That second picture is from 2007 
of a sinkhole in Guatemala.
That one is 330 feet deep.

Like I said, terrifying.

Makes you think.

"Live every day as if it were your last 
and then some day
you'll be right."
~ H.H. "Breaker" Morant

"Every man dies. 
Not every man really lives."
~Braveheart
"Life is not lost by dying;
life is lost minute by minute,
day by dragging day,
in all the thousand small uncaring ways."
~Stephen Vincent Benet

"There is no cure for birth and death
save to enjoy the interval."
~George Santayana

"I held a moment in my hand,
brilliant as a star,
fragile as a flower,
a tiny sliver of one hour.
I dripped it carelessly,
Ah!
I didn't know, I held opportunity."
~Hazel Lee

We are so lucky to be alive;
now, at this very moment!
I am so grateful for my life!
No matter the imperfections!
No matter how terrifying it may be!
I want to be grateful for each and every moment!
A Spanish Proverb says,
"No man is quick enough
to enjoy life to the full."

Here's to being quick!



No comments: