Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I have something else to say...

I just came back from a funeral 
for a young 31 year old father of 
a little boy and sweet girl.
In a moment of despondency
he took his own life.
My heart aches for his family.
At the funeral that we attended on Monday,
one of the sisters
read a verse from 
the beautiful song
I Know That My Redeemer Lives.

I've been thinking about it ever since.

He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears. 
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessing to impart.

Here's the last verse:

He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"
He lives! All glory to his name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives.
"I know that my Redeemer lives!"

No comments: