Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I have something to say...

I love this picture that Britni took
(who, by the way, 
took the spectacular picture 
of the flower on my blog heading).
The other day I changed a little of the
"About me"
on my blog
and I thought of the reasons I started this blog
and I thought I really do want
to write some words for my children.
I played with the words;
Wednesday Words of Wisdom
but thought I'm not really that wise.
So, I thought that Wednesday's
(I haven't ever really stuck with a weekly
schedule so I think it will be Wednesday's)
will be:
I have something to say...
What first came to mind was:
Don't give up!
I know what it feels like to want to give up.
And always life gets better,
or I have been able to see how eventually it would get better,
or I just keep on trying,
or I feel more confident that I can work through the hard times
with Gods help
(and if you need to get other kinds of help
by all means get some help!
There is no shame in that).
I know some things in life seem insurmountable
but there is always a way to make it.
It just may not be the way you want or think it will be.

Nobody trips over mountains.
It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.
Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find 
you have crossed the mountain.
~Author Unknown

He conquers who endures.
~Persius

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift,
nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise,
nor yet riches to men of understanding, 
nor yet favour to men of skill;
but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Ecclesiastes 9:11

Don't be discouraged. 
It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.
~Author Unknown

The drops of rain make a hole in the stone
not by violence but by oft falling.
~Lucretius

Our greatest glory is not in never failing,
but in rising up every time we fail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson





No comments: