Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I have something to say...

We have our nephew over this week.
We went to the movies yesterday
and then went to see 
Bridal Veil Falls.
My camera phone wasn't working well
and this is the mountain across 
from the falls.

I went to a funeral on Monday
of a sweet, fun loving 16 year old.
Davis was very brave
to sing with the other young men.
"We'll Bring the World His Truth".
I was SO very proud of him.
I can't remember the last time he
stood up in front of a church.
It really has been that long.
But he's been touched by 
his friends death
and wanted to do this 
for him.
He was so very nervous 
and was sick to his stomach
and couldn't stay for the rest of
the funeral.
But I think it was enough
from him.
I'm still so very proud of him
as he sang his pounding heart out.

Here is a poem from the funeral
that touched me very much.

Our Greatest Fear

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that 
other people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the 
glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us;
it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsiously 
give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presesnce
automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson

No comments: