Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's over!



I don't have the best camera because my house is not this dark. I wanted to show the very few pictures I did take from today. 

Britni made the Chris and Amanda sign. I got the idea from a blog that had the cutest Christmas carol banners.
These adorable kids were so helpful.

Davis made 3 beautiful white snowflakes. Sheyla even helped clean.
Really. My house is not this dark.

The dessert table turned out fabulous only because several women let me borrow fabulous multi-tiered serving plates and frames and I had people help set it up. One friend made peanut butter bars and candy cane brownies.
Wow. Amazing!
One friend brought over brownies.
I made 3 pumpkin rolls yesterday and 4 trays of brownies today. Jeff got the rest at Sams Club. Yeah for Jeff and Sams Club! Jeff helped me so much. I couldn't have done it without him.
I appreciate all the help I got! My Dad even came yesterday and helped me clean my house. He is amazing.
Yes, that is a swamp cooler in my sunroom.



View from other side. Delicious!

The happy couple right before they left. They even opened the rest of their presents and cards (which makes me so happy that I got to watch). What wonderful gifts! They are really loved. I think there were about 200 people that came, over a 2 1/2 hour period. Wow. That's alot of people!  
I had two ladies help me in the kitchen that were such angels. One of my friends that helped me so much today, came over early and ironed my table cloths. She later came and helped me in the kitchen and brought over a very large crock pot brimming with yummy chili and a sleeve of crackers. It was so perfect because I hadn't planned on anything for dinner (I only planned till the end of the Open House). Amanda's nice parents and a couple of her brothers stayed for a while after the Open House and we had Britni and Adam too. I was able to feed 10 people for dinner. I wouldn't have been able if she hadn't brought dinner. Very, very kind.
It was a great day but I am so relieved (and very grateful) this day is done!

No comments: