Monday, January 25, 2010

We are home.


Sometimes, the food was really good (like this chicken was the best chicken I had in Costa Rica). Sometimes, I didn't eat so much. I think I'm pickier than I thought.



I loved being able to look outside and see the ocean. I will miss that terribly but we have a pretty spectacular view right here in our own back yard.

We had to wait in three different lines at the airport. This was our third. It turned out to be a very long day just to get home. We landed in Salt Lake City about 12:20 am. I really don't like to fly. I get motion sick so easily and  I have a hard time sleeping sitting up. I was so grateful to be able to sleep in our own bed, flush toilet paper in the toilet, take a nice, consistently, hot shower and be home!
We couldn't have gone if Jeff's mom hadn't stayed with Davis. We appreciate the time and energy she put into taking care of Davis and everything else while we were gone. What a gift she gave to us!
We had a marvelous time but we were both ready to get home to our family, home and country.

There's no place like home.

No comments: