Thursday, May 13, 2010

belie: 1a: to give a false impression of 2a: to show (something) to be false or wrong

I love this tree in our front garden.
It belies the stress I am feeling today.

I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up to be
the Secretary/Treasurer for Daughter's of the Utah Pioneers.

Mother's Day sometimes feels like
a reminder of my shortcomings as a mother
rather than a celebration of being a mother 
(and I'm still being reminded).

I have a child that is obsessing about one thing after the other,
after the other, after the other, after the other
 and I am having a hard time with it.

etc. etc. etc.
I know it could be worse.

I know I'll get over it.

The following is a little how I feel, although I do have plenty of times to rest and relax
(it's the standing on my head thing
that I can relate too,
figuratively not literally):

The man (or woman) who doesn't relax and hoot a few hoots voluntarily, 
now and then, is in great danger of hooting hoots 
and standing on his head
for the edification of the pathologist 
and trained nurse,
a little later on.--Elbert Hubbard

That's me.


1 comment:

Jeanne Henriques said...

Cheryl
This is why I blog for the same reason you expressed here.
Lovely photo and then words that we can relate too.
Hoot away, I think I will try it too :)

Jeanne