Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

Thank you to all the men and women 
who have fought, served and even died for our country.

I'm grateful to my husband for helping me keep it together.
He's pretty great and I don't tell him often enough!
Today we are meeting with Lawyers
to wrap up applying for Guardianship for Davis.
He turned 18 two months ago 
and these very difficult weeks 
have kicked us in the "you know where" to finish it.
We get to babysit once again for our sweet little Miss Sunshine later on today
(and my amazing husband is getting her early and will watch her while I am away for awhile).
She is one silly little girl who makes us smile and laugh
(and we adore her parents too).
Our hearts burst with love for her.
Our sweet indomitable Britni has been very sick
with a visit to the ER this week.
I'm taking her to have a test at the hospital today
and we hope they find out what is going on with her.
Update:  The test went well and Britni is ok! That's a relief!
Her cute husband has been taking good care of her
while he is training to be a CNA so he can work
(it's not easy to find a job even after you graduate from college)
while she works part time and goes to college
and before he applies for and attends Medical School.
They are one busy sweet little family.
Sheyla is showing the slightest signs of improvement
but not enough for her to get out of the house
more than 2 or 3 times in a week.
We are hoping and praying that she continues on an ever increasing trajectory of wellness.
I don't frequently get to all the many fun and varied projects that I'd like
but every once in awhile I get to dabble and it makes me happy.

I am loving this and this and this.
And that and that and that. And this too.
I think I could live in an industrial loft (and something about these I like).
These make me smile (here and here and here).
That's a lot!
Remember, it is MY blog!


"The love of a family is life's greatest blessing." 

"Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted."~Paul Pearshall

Here's to not taking them for granted.

"Family life is full of major and minor crises--the ups and downs of health, success and failure in career, marriage, and divorce--and all kinds of characters. It is tied to places and events and histories. With all of these felt details, life etches itself into memory and personality. It's difficult to imagine anything more nourishing to the soul."~Thomas Moore
That's beautiful.


1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Prayers and continued blessings to your sweet family. You have a full plate and I'm glad you can continue to find support and smiles within each other. Hugs.