Monday, March 1, 2010

My Cinderella Man.

There should be no surprise that I love movies.
We watched Cinderella Man (again) yesterday.
It may not be perfect but I love it.
James J. Braddock fought hard to come back and fight so he could get money to support his family.
The movie is about more than just boxing.
This time when I watched the movie, I thought of Jeff.
This last week Jeff has left at 5:30 in the morning to get to work. He worked on Saturday and Sunday. He has been working hard on a project at work but he works hard at this job everyday. This job has been very challenging for him. Day by day he goes back and tries again. And it's about more than just working at that job.
It may sound strange but as I was watching that movie I could see Jeff in my minds eye fighting for our family with all the love he could muster and it touched me to my very core.

In the movie Mae, says to James, "You can't win without me behind you."

That's how I feel about how I need to be for Jeff.

She also says to him, "...you're everybody's hope, and the kids' hero, and you are the champion of my heart..."

That's one of my most favorite lines in the movie and how I feel about Jeff.

You are the champion of my heart.

No comments: