Wednesday, April 28, 2010

By the way...

 I also painted the wooden step-ladder. 
Which, by the way, is my fathers.
For some reason, it ended up on the moving van when we last moved to Florida.
So he had to get another one.
When we moved back to Utah, I just kept it.
I love that ladder.
It always makes me think of my father.
He is supposed to be retired right now but works full time.
He used to be able to drop everything and come on over and help with anything.
On occasion, if I asked, he would clean my kitchen floor.
While on his hands and knees.
That's how he always cleans kitchen floors.
 I was recently reminded at how many times he helped us move and clean our house, as I cleaned my daughters floor.
On my hands and knees.
And it made me smile.
Sometimes, he went to the movies with me.
Even to chick flicks (which he likes).
He doesn't have the time any more.
He has always been a work horse.
Just like that ladder.
Now, just a little weathered and worn.
Just like that ladder. 

He's just not painted yellow.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just made me cry... You nailed Dad to a "T"
P.S. I love all the color... it makes me smile
Pam

Anonymous said...

Dito. To everything Pam said.

I actually didn't know you could mop any other way until my Husband pointed out they make mops with handles and everything.

Melissa

Annie Tangerine said...

So sweet! Thank you for being just as amazing.

Cheryl G. said...

Thanks Pam, Melissa and Annie/daughter #2!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a hellium baloon tied to me but I am still floating very high. Thank you Cheryl and Pam & Melissa. Cheryl gets first option in reading this at my funeral in 2058. Pam, you won't have to worry about this assignment because you will be laying in your own casket at our joint funeral service (120 and nearly 100).

Cheryl G. said...

That's just a little morbid, Dad.
It'd be more morbid if you didn't plan on living till 120.
Your silly!