Thursday, April 30, 2009

A few of my favorite things.


One of the many blogs I adore, is Rockstar Diaries and she inspired me to make a list of my favorite things/or things that make me happy. I try to think of my favorite things without having to be inspired but it is nice and necessary sometimes, to be reminded.

So, with no apparent order. Nor is it exclusively my top 10 favorites, just a few random favorite things:

1. The beauty of the many colors, especially the new green, of Spring.
2. Eating lunch or dinner at a restaurant
3. Pedicures with pink nail polish.
4. Good news about any one of my children.
5. Looking for sea glass on any beach.
6. Walking and holding hands with my husband.
7. A good chick-flick.
8. Just the right ice to crunch.
9. Making new friends.
10. Snuggling up to a good book.

That was actually harder than I thought it would be. I like the idea of writing list of my favorite things more frequently. I was thinking that remembering favorite things is being grateful for the little and big things in life and it helps my soul to be grateful.

To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven. Johannes A. Gaertner

I am needing all the Heaven I can get.


1 comment:

Lisl Armstrong said...

Hi,

I would like to invite you to join Sea Glass Artists & Sea Glass Collectors which is a non commercial social networking site for sea glass collectors.

http://seaglassartists.ning.com

Thanks,

Lisl Armstrong