Monday, August 10, 2009

Sunday dinner.

Britni and Adam went to his parents house for dinner and they did their own thing last week so they won't be coming over for Sunday dinner till next week, or it could be the next. That's the way it is with newly married kids (or so I'm told and I imagine that's the way it is). I miss that girl terribly. But life goes on and we had Sunday dinner anyways (we do have to eat). Kyle (he is Sheyla's friend) came over to eat with us. He is somewhat of an animal lover himself. This is a great shot of Kyle with Ellie, who is Sheyla's cat, by the way.
Chris has a cute new girlfriend, Amanda. They are quite the adorable pair.
She's a darling, cute and fun girl and Chris seems smitten.
I had a dream about Sheyla the other night. She was about 5 years old. I gave her a great big hug and kiss. I was so happy to see her. She was such a cute fun little girl (she is even a cuter and more amazing girl now). Boy, do I miss her too. I was somewhat surprised about how hard I cried after I awoke from my dream, at 1:30 in the morning. Jeff just gently touched me and listened to my dream. I miss Sheyla more as the time goes on. Some of it can be the fact that I miss Britni so much too. There is only so much a mother's heart can take. However, I do appreciate and understand the fact that there are very good reasons that they aren't here. I am very grateful for the fact that they are both very good girls trying to grow up. I can't be too sad for that. Other than the fact that I just miss them!
Davis is the happiest when people come and visit us.
It was nice to have so many people around the table. I can miss those that weren't there and be grateful for what I have. Jeff, right by my side and great kids, no matter where they are.

No comments: