Monday, June 1, 2009

Banana Bread.

I made Banana Bread today. Davis liked it so much he had 4 pieces! Yummy!

I got the recipe from Good Housekeeping Magazine. It is called Amy Grant's Grandma Grant's Banana Nut Bread (I didn't add nuts).

1 cup sugar
1/2 butter (1 stick), softened
2 large eggs
3 bananas, sliced (2 cups)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 pecans, chopped
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Grease 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" metal loaf pan. ( I don't know the size of my pan, it's just a loaf pan)
2. cream sugar with butter. Mix in eggs, bananas, flour, pecans baking soda, and salt. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Place loaf pan in cold oven. (I don't think I've done this before) Set oven control to 300 F. and bake banana bread 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick or skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool bread in pan 5 minutes on wire rack. Then remove from pan and cool completely, right side up. Makes 1 loaf.

Enjoy! Really yummy!

No comments: