Thursday, January 19, 2012

Finished Project #3. Second Painted Panel.

 They are both done!

 I was having a hard time coming up with an idea for the second panel
so I asked my dear husband to name three of his favorite songs.
I wanted and needed some inspiration.
He named 
1. Free Will by Rush (interesting)
2. I would give anything I own by Bread (so sweet)
3. America by Imagine Dragons (love them).

I was so pleased with the results of my word art for 
that I thought this could work on a smaller scale for this panel.
 I easily had to eliminate the second two songs because 
1. the song by Bread is so personal
2. the wonderful song by Imagine Dragons is about 911.
When I looked up the song by Rush one of the verses stood out to me,
I didn't know if it would work so I cut and taped poster board to the same size as the panel
and used the stencil for the words and it fit perfectly.
The song is pretty deep and the more I thought about it
the more excited I became to make my new word art.
I was excited for the meaning of it and for the conversations it would bring.
Zero dollars spent!
This is the verse I chose:
Each of us
A cell of awareness
Imperfect and incomplete.
Genetic blends
With uncertain ends 
On a fortune hunt that's far too fleet.
The chorus is this:
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide,
you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose Free Will.
This  is what it means to me:
We are imperfect humans.
 Life is short.
You have the freedom to choose your path.
LOVE it!
Ironic that imperfect turned out so imperfectly.
I'm so ok with it!

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Well done. Very meaningful & special projects.