Friday, January 6, 2012

New Recipe #1. Pineapple Curry.


 It's not that I don't cook at home. I'm just not a very good cook.  I get frustrated when I try to make something and nobody likes it. I have a pretty picky eater. Etc. etc. etc,
I have seen some amazing cooks in my life time and I have always admired them.
I really really want to be a better and more adventurous cook.
This year I'm going to be brave and try at least one new recipe a week
(sounds so lame when I say it but for me, it's a big deal).
I love me some Zupa's.
Soon after our flood a couple of weeks ago,
we went to dinner at Zupas.
They had a Christmas package with this recipe book,
a soup mug, ladle and a tomato lentil pack.
I told Jeff to buy it for me for Christmas.
Because that's how I am.

Last night I made the Pineapple Curry.
It smelled heavenly.
Sheyla even was distracted by how good it smelled
(she has been getting better with her new medicine #3
and she used to get so sick with any smell in the kitchen for nearly the last 5 months).
 I was so worried that it was going to turn out bad, burned, or other wise inedible and we would end up at a restaurant or eating scrambled eggs (not that there's anything wrong with that).
I was so relieved that it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.
And I do!
Next time:
I would use the Yams, instead of the sweet potatoes.
Find real cayenne pepper.
Jeff liked it even better a couple of hours later, reheated.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

That looks absolutely wonderful! I need to introduce my family to curry. Good for you!