Friday, July 3, 2009

Homemade Pizza.

I got ambitious and made homemade pizza last night. Like I said, I'm not much of a homemaker. But lately I am being a bit more adventurous or should I say, industrious (I actually have made pizza before, but it's probably been fourteen years).
After I let the dough raise I started making one pepperoni/mushroom/olive pizza and one gourmet vegetarian.

The frustrating thing about making food for a family is that sometimes kids don't like what I make. That is usually why I get frustrated with making meals. Oh well. I can't please everyone all of the time.
Tonight Britni goes to the temple for the first time. She has been preparing her whole life. She's way more prepared than I was when I went for the first time. That is what parents want: their children to be better than themselves in every way. She is a bit stressed right now: first time to the temple is a very exciting time but with much anticipation. Britni is getting married next week---excitement, stress, amazement, nervousness and almost every other emotion a person can have---but multiply it--and there is Britni.
Tomorrow, we are going to the 4th of July parade in Provo. I don't know why, but I love that parade. In years past, I haven't always been able to go because sometimes I worked the night before (because I would get home around 7 am or so after working 12 to 13 hours). I love not having to worry about me working, especially for times like this. Not everyone in the family likes to go to the parade, so we have to drag some or at least one, along. It is really an amazing parade, full of patriotism, family and fun! I can't wait!

No comments: