Friday, July 17, 2009

Just a Friday.

I had to take Davis to school. He doesn't go to school in Spanish Fork but we have to drive through Spanish Fork to get to his school. Did you know there is a wind farm at the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon? It fascinates me every time I drive past those spinning turbines. There are nine very large windmills that have a diameter of 350 feet and the tower is 410 feet tall. They are massive. The strange thing is that it doesn't even provide electricity to Spanish Fork. It would be too expensive. They cost $23,000,000 each to build. EACH.
Today, I had book club at my house. I have belonged to this group for the last several years. We only meet every other month and there are only about 10 women in our group. There were only four of us today. Which is all right by me. I picked out "Dewey The small-town library cat who touched the world". It's such a sweet book. A true story about a sweet library cat that touched so many peoples lives.
I know of a woman that is in a book club that only reads literary masterpieces. That is not our group. The women are sweet, kind and refreshing. We get to talk about interesting books that we may never have chosen on our own and about dealing with adversity, about families, about the good and the bad. I feel lucky to be a part of it.
This is a plant that I grew from a cutting of a large plant my mother-in-law gave me years ago. I noticed these amazing almost-flowers.
Britni and Adam opened up a TON of presents last night. Wow! They looked blissfully happy.
The cutting (umbilical) is complete. Britni was born just over 19 years ago. I have planned on this her whole life but it doesn't make it any easier. I have a friend whose daughter recently got married and she said that she cried for almost the whole next week. I don't think I'm about to cry for now, but I can understand the pain. Yes, she is still and always will be my daughter and now I have an adorable son-in-law to love and in the future grandchildren, but the relationship that we had will never be the same. I'll get over it and adjust. It's just part of life. How can I be too sad when she is such a darling and good girl? It's possible that things will even be better! I'll hope and work for that!

No comments: